Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Christmas






Well, here we are.  Is it Christmas already?  On this Eve of Christmas, I figured why not have another blog post.  I will come right out and be honest with all of you 3 people that probably read this, I'm not the greatest writer out there.  I will do my best to try to sound smart and funny, we will see haha.  Anyways onto the blog.

 Wasn't sure what I wanted to talk about today but it kinda came to me last night talking with one of our out of town drop ins that's here for the holidays.  She had just finished up after last night's oly session.  We were talking about some stretches and whatnot...the usual stuff.  She asked what we offered here as far as extra skill work time or whatnot.  Apparently places she has been don't offer this type of thing.  I have heard of this as well and it never made any sense to me.  Your clients are paying you good money to help them on their fitness journey, whatever that may be, and when they get really stoked on it wanting to work on weaknesses you tell them that there is no time for that?  Always boggled my mind.  I will come out and say this, you cannot get better at a movement without doing that movement. Telling your clients to work on the movement elsewhere is fine but wouldn't they be more stoked to do it where you can help them as well as meet other members and build your community?  Anyways, sorry for my ramble back to the story.  I told her from day one we wanted to try to put together a place where it was fun to workout with other people that had a passion for what we do.  People with a passion want to hang out with other people with the same passion.  We also said that we would not only encourage but promote working on extra skill work as well as ASSISTANCE exercises.  Not everyone is going to come in the same.  I know it sounds crazy but not everyone is build the same or has the same fitness background. I'm on board 100% that compound exercises are awesome and build strength, power, and speed.  Where I see the fault is lack in building as well and learning to recruit smaller muscle groups.  Back on track.. so I told her, you are welcome to come in anytime we are here to help you work on anything you like. If there is some assistance work specific to you that you would like some help with or need some advice on, that is what we are here for.  I would hope this is how it is at most places but I just want everyone to know, that is how it is here. Heck if you just want to come in and hang out, do some mobility, chat it up with like minded people, do your homework... whatever it is, if we are here you are welcome.  Your Unlimited membership with us doesn't just mean you get 1,  1 hour class a day.

Well sorry for such a long ramble and I hope it made at least a little since as well as gave you a brief insight on what we are about at Eternia Athletics and what is available for you as a member.  All of us at EA want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!


No comments:

Post a Comment