Tuesday, December 30, 2014

Stop The Hate


Hello hello everyone! Well, here we are getting ready to kick off a new year.  2015 it’s going to be.  Can’t believe this year has blown by so fast.  With this new year time we know there are going to be some New Years fitness resolutions.  I’m all for it people.  Find something you love and get yourself moving.  I wanted to just write a little about a lot of shit talking that tends to go on in the fitness industry, from small tiny towns to the world it’s no different. 

For some reason or another, people tend to have a very solid opinion about their style of training that they love.  I get it 100%, and I’m stoked that you are so passionate about it.  My problem that I have is there tends to be a lot of bashing on other peoples choices of training.  This tends to come with zero first-hand knowledge of what other groups or individuals may be doing.  Shouldn’t you be happy that they are doing something, rather than nothing?  Just because they don’t find what you do appealing to them, should that be cause for such negativity?  Could there be a better way?  Sure, that’s possible in ones opinion.  Don’t worry I’ll talk about my opinions in a minute, but those are opinions.  I will not bash somebody’s choice of exercise. 

Whatever form of exercise you choose, somebody will tell you that is stupid.  Whether you are a bodybuilder, runner, biker, yoga-er, zumba, crossfit, powerlifter, strongman, performance train… the list goes on and on.  People from all other forms will love to bash one of the others or all.  It’s about doing what you love.  Some people love running.  Do I think running is the best use of your time for exercise? Nope, but if you enjoy that have at it.  Some people wouldn’t choose to run but would choose to ride a bike.  Something wrong with that? Not at all.  Some might choose to be a bodybuilder, others may choose to crossfit.  Should one get so upset at the other?  No, be happy that they are doing something.  I understand that everybody wants to nitpick each other group out besides their own, but I have a news flash for you.  There are dipshits in every single one of those categories. 

Now, along these same lines comes diet.  Each of these different groups of people tend to latch on to certain types of eating.  This tends to be more fuel for the fire for each group.  Each one believes there way is the only way.  I’m going to tell you this right now.  There are a shit load of ways to eat/diet.  All of these ways are 100% better than the way that the general population in the USA eat.  There is a reason why the US has the highest obesity statistics in the world.  Two thirds of Americans over 20 are overweight.  One third of Americans over 20 are obese.  That’s 1 in 3 Americans, people.  Oh, it gets worse.  Nearly 20% of children 6-19 are obese.  This percentage has over doubled in the last 30 years.   Quit your hating and shit talking and be happy that these people are doing something for themselves.  Do you have to agree with it, no not at all.  Keep your opinions to yourself and be happy for them.  I’m not talking about these people trying to lose weight with 500 or 1000 calorie diets, or trying to take some magic pills.  I’m talking about somebody choosing a style of eating, whether it be counting there calories or macros, paleo, caveman, backloading, no carbing, carb cycling, eating clean, or even lord help me vegan.  Sure I have my opinions about some of those but hey if they like what they are doing have at it.  All of that is more healthy than what is going on in the 75% of Americans daily diet.  If your friend lost 100 lbs from THEIR choice of diet and busting THEIR ass with THEIR choice of exercise, you best be happy as shit for them and give them some fucking support or plan on being taken out of that friend list. 


Ill close with this.  I have friends from all sorts of exercise back grounds.  Do I choose to do what they do?  Some of them yes some of them no.  Am I going to bash them for wanting to get in awesome shape an step on stage to show it off?  Nope not at all.  Is that for me? No, it’s not what keeps me training but it is what keeps them in there.  Support people, be positive, and don’t believe you know everything about what goes on in other peoples training/diet.  Bring this new year in with a positive vibe! Keep crushing those weights, pounding that pavement or whatever it is you choose to do.  Get out there and get active. 

No comments:

Post a Comment