Wednesday, November 11, 2015

You maintain your car and your home, how about you?




I've pondered on this one for a while.  This week I told people to give me ideas on what they wanted to hear.  You guys sure did come up with some good ones.  I thought and thought on how I could put it all together.  After getting some body snapping done, my Doc told me something that sparked my thought for this.  He said, "Hey just some simple maintenance, your in and out.  You change the oil on your car don't you? Gotta keep that body maintenance up."  I was walking out and my brain went... ding ding ding!



We all do the maintenance on our cars.  We get the oil changed, check the air filter, get a tune up and so on.  We try to keep our yards clean, trimmed and maintained.  We paint our homes when needed, OK - I've been putting that off lol.  We change our air filters on our hvac units.  You get where I'm going with this.  Here is the difference though.  With a house or a car, if you start to not like it or it gets run down, or shit you just want a new one you can trade it in or sell it and get another.  With our bodies we do not have that luxury.  

Now lets look at our bodies like one of these items.  Why not put the little time into keeping ourselves up?

I'm talking about EVERYONE!

Those of you that don't workout or have any kind of physical activity, guess what?  Working out or being active is part of that maintenance.  It would be like letting your car sit for a year, hopping in it and thinking it was going to run great.  Shit it probably wouldn't even start.  What else do we need to look at?  The fuel.  What kind of crap are you putting into your fuel system? You know, that crap you stuff into your mouth.  Also known as that flapper between your chin, or chins for some of you,  and your nose.  Quality fuel equals good performance.



Alright, now back to what my doc was talking about.  Keeping ourselves limber, moving, sliding, and aligned, in my opinion, is a DAMN GOOD idea. For those of us that train, and beat that shit out of ourselves on a daily basis, it is mandatory.  Day to day activities, sitting, bending over, driving, etc. add up over time.  Personally, I like my body to feel like it's moving as it should and when it gets out of whack I sure know it.  Taking care of it through chiropractic and massage before it's out of whack is part of my body maintenance that needs to be kept up on.  I value myself, my body above the car I drive around.  Yes the car needs to be maintained, but my body is priority numero uno.  It's going to be with me until i die. I don't get to trade it in or sell it and get another one.  Wrap your mind around that for a bit.

Think about that shit.




1 comment:

  1. I love how you think about fitness. I think I have always looked at my body that. Especially with comparison to a car. I even think the comparison then extends on down to the quality of water we drink and the freshness of the food that consume. I really appreciate you putting this into words and publishing it for us.

    Shayne Gustafson @ Berico Heating and Air

    ReplyDelete