Monday, January 5, 2015

Negative Nancy



Over the last few days my mind has been racing with things to write about for some reason.  I am trying to keep them all halfway related to things that people reading my ramblings might find useful in there lives.  I'm trying to keep my nonsense thoughts at bay, like the people that just can't seem to figure out a 4 way stop, or even a 2 way stop for that matter haha! Seems like a daily occurrence that something along those lines pops up, and I'm like dammit I should write about that hah! Last and I'll stop, in Oregon you can turn on a red onto a one way.  It's legal people, now start doing it for the love of god.  OK worthless ramblings done, lets move onto some shit that might be useful to you,

Over the last year I've come on contact or been around allot of what I like to call "Negative Nancy's".  They come in all forms.  In the last few years of my life I have striven to try to rid myself of as much negativity as humanly possible. I hate to say it but there is some people out there that had to be cut out or I know "un-friended in the social media world.  This negativity is not only unhealthy for those being Ms Negative Nancy, but horrible for me being forced to see or hear that kinda of nonsense.

There are all forms of being negative.  You could be the person that must pick out the bad in any situation.  You could win the lottery but still find some way to find the negative about it. I call this the "Spin Doctor".  How about the person that just can't seem to complement anyone. Oh man Julie's hair looks so good today says Sandy.  "Debbie Downer" says yea it's not bad, but look at that outfit omg.  My favorite is the one that seems to always need to put somebody else down, or talk shit about somebody to either make themselves feel better about themselves or to make them look better.  This one is two fold.  Not only does this make them look worse to anybody with a brain, it also shows how insecure they are with themselves.  By being the "Poop Projector" you aren't doing anybody any favors, and definelty not yourself. Below we will look at some ways to think more positive as well as just down right being a better person.

1) This one is what I have found to be the most basic but for some reason can be the hardest to grasp.  You yourself decide every single day you get up what kind of mood you are going to be in.  Be thankful that you are getting up for another day.  If you wake up already bitching about something, that doesn't really set you in the right direction now does it.  You don't have to get up and be captain chipper pants, but it sure as hell helps to wake up and not start bitching right off the bat.  Set your day in the right direction by having a positive outlook on what's ahead of you for that day.
2) This one goes out to my favorite,  the "Poop Projector".  You know who you are, and I feel sorry for you so this ones for you.  It's easy, your parents probably told you this one when you were young, or maybe you had shitty parents and that's why you act this way now, but have no fear I'm here to help.  Don't talk about somebody how you wouldn't like to be talked about yourself.  Take the high road when it comes to that kind of negative talk and it will be better for you in the end.  "Poop Projectors" will tend to freely throw poop in conversations about people that they have no first hand knowledge of anyways.  The best way to rid yourself of this negativity is to go back to that other golden little nugget your parents may have taught you, "If you don't have something good to say about someone don't say anything".  I know, I know easy right.  Just give it a try.
3) This one is for you "Spin Doctors".  Stop complaining.  This one is going to take some work.  You are going to really have to try.  I will tell you this, nobody likes a complainer.  You and the "Poop Projector" can use the same help here, think before you speak.  If you feel you are going to complain about something, bite your dam tongue.
4) Last one is bit more general.  Try to always think of the brighter side to things.  What can I take out of this that's positive?  It's always there you just need to get your negativity out of the way to see it.

Nobody wants to be around a negative person.  Pulling yourself out of the hell that is one of these people is difficult but very rewarding if you can give it a try.  In the mean time, a good start is if you start thinking negatively, also toss a positive in there with it.  It won't cancel it out but it sure will dilute it a bit.  I know this isn't directly related to training but it sure can be in certain ways.  The next time you get down on yourself in a lift or trying to perfect a movement, don't get negative, don't say you can't.  Pull the positives out of it and push forward.  Do this, and I will welcome you to the GAIN TRAIN!  Till next time.... sleep well Eternans 



No comments:

Post a Comment