Monday, January 12, 2015

Quit Fu*king Your Food




Good morning Eterian's near and far.  It's time for some more ramblings from down deep.  This has been a long time coming. I have been wanting to write about this for a while.  I'm sure this is going to rustle some feathers and piss some people off... perfect.

I'll start this off with some statistics.  Obesity rates in the US have doubled in adults and children since 1970.  More than 2/3's of adults in the US are overweight or obese.  That's 2 out of 3 people.  If you are in a room of 9 people, 6 of them are overweight or obese on average.  About 32% of children from 2-19 years old are overweight or obese.  That's about 1/3rd.  Sounds like we have a little problem going on here in the states.  We are the most overweight/obese country on the planet.  I think Mexico is close as well.

Now that I've went over a few stats, I'll get into the main point of this article.  Quit fu*king your food. This may be hard for some of you to stomach.  I know, I know I'm a bad person.  I get that people have eating disorders, rare thyroid issues and whatnot.  I'm talking about more of a mindset situation that can tie into your goals we spoke of before in a previous blog I wrote.  I know who uses the word blog anymore.. me.

People, stop making love to your food.  We have sex why.. because it feels great and it makes us feel good.  Quit doing this with your food.  Food was not intended to be like that.  Food is fuel for your body to perform that tasks you throw at it.  It's not something that was meant to be done because you are bored, or have nothing better to do.  So, if we stop having sex with our food and putting it up on a pedestal, then we can look at the larger picture.. fuel.

Let's venture over to your goals that I had you try to lay out in one of my last blogs.  If your goal was stronger or more muscle then keep reading because you picked main goals like I talked about.  If you went with loose weight or something along those lines, you didn't quite get the right ones, but keep reading because this is for you as well.  Looking at food for fuel, instead of wanting to have sex with it is a switch in the mind.  Just like waking up and starting your day off positive is a switch.  You set your day in motion with your mind and actions.  Choose to be positive and eat things that will fuel you for your day and help you with your goals.  The power of the mind is a crazy notion, but one I firmly believe in.

Quit using excuses like I'm a night owl and I just snack when it's late.  How about this, think about your main goal, if it's one of those above then you need your sleep.  Which means when you say you are a night owl and up late, you should be sleeping. All this extra time on your hands?  I don't know too many people that work, train and cook for themselves that have a bunch of extra time these days to be saying they are so bored that they need to stuff there face with a bunch of worthless shit.  If you want to attain your goal you need to look at everything leading to it.

This does not mean you can't have things that taste good.  There are tons of things out there that are good for you and taste good too.  That is another rambling all together.  My point here people is you need to switch your focus to what food was meant for and what you currently are using it for.  Quit fu*cking your food and start eating for life/performance.

Stop living to eat, and start eating to LIVE! 

Until next time Eternia Nation.. sleep well, we always do!


No comments:

Post a Comment